Wednesday, July 5, 2017

In the works...

As you may have noticed, I've changed things up a little with my page here. The name has changed (and may not stay this way either!), and I've edited a few things here and there to reflect that. Meanwhile I've been trying to find as much time as I can this summer to practice my own art. The watercolor class I was taking is now concluded for the season, and I'm on my own. I have a few projects up my sleeve, mainly this one. A few weekends ago my husband and I visited San Juan Island, and as per usual I was drawn to the beautiful orca whales that frequent the waters there. After a close encounter with a small pod, I came home inspired. I've been working on this piece of the orcas we met on our trip. It's a work in progress, and is definitely taking its time to fully develop.

First draft painting of the T2C transient pod

I've also been trying very hard to bring my little scribbler sketchbook with me everywhere. It's a habit I'm working to ingrain. I took it with us this past weekend as we visited the terracotta warriors exhibit at the Pacific Science Center. I was determined to sketch a warrior...and I did!

Kneeling archer

Meanwhile I'm also working on developing the lessons portion of this website. Stay tuned for more on that soon, but in the meantime, here's a look at my reading stack! Thank goodness for our public library system!

Reading stack
Stay cool out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment