Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Travel Sketching Therapy

Butterfly visitor
This past week my family and I went on a long drive across the state to stay in the mountains of Idaho. I of course brought my watercolor sketching materials, and in the past may have completely ignored them, but this time I made an effort to sketch or paint every day. While my kids swam in the pool - I sketched, while I was on the beach - I sketched, while watching TV - I sketched. And I got some great results! It was surprisingly relaxing too. Often in the past I felt like I had an obligation to make art, and I felt guilty if I didn't do it. Ever since taking regular classes again and allowing myself the freedom to make mistakes and learn from them, making art has become easier and fun again!

The promise of new beginnings

Brush selection
Poolside relaxation


Sketchbook pages:








No comments:

Post a Comment